Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Goodbye Welland, Hello Toronto!

After spending two intensive weeks with the Niagara College "family", it was bittersweet to say goodbye.  I felt like a baby bird, not quite ready to be pushed out of the nest and away from Lesley, Lisa, and the other interns!

But the excitement is building and while I wait for my Friday flight, I have had the pleasure of being a tourist in Toronto with two of my closest friends and the city welcomed me with open (albeit record-breaking hot, humid, and muggy) arms.

Amelie was a stellar tour guide over the weekend--highlights included Buskerfest, the Distillery District, the Hockey Hall of Fame, and a courtyard picnic with ingredients sourced from my idea of heaven on earth-St. Lawrence Market.  Saturday was capped off with an unforgettable night of live music at Joe Mamas and the next morning, we celebrated Kasia's birthday with breakfast in hipster central. 

Local peaches
Kasia has exposed me to the eclectic collection of Toronto neighbourhoods, Niagara Falls and the Maid of the Mist, Lick's burgers, Cow's ice cream, and Ontario peaches. 

If I can't spend my last few days of being in Canada with the Hamily, being with Kasia and the Trojan Stelmaszynski family is certainly an excellent alternative! 

Thanks to the Byam and Trojan Stelmaszynski families for their warmth and hospitality.

P.S. The links to websites are in colour.



St. Lawrence Market (seconds before my camera died)
Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls


Hockey Hall of Fame

No comments:

Post a Comment