Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Final Countdown and Farewell Tour

We’re on the home stretch of our time in South Africa—it’s time to make the last visits to the offices we’ve worked at, take the last photos of our friends and colleagues, give our final hugs, and say the big goodbyes! 
In the last 1-2 weeks, my sadness and disappointment at leaving has turned into an eagerness to get back home.  I have felt a growing sense that it is time to go and move on and I don’t have to force myself to say that it feels like the right time to leave.  Of course
there are moments that catch me off guard where I lose some of my resolve in being ready to say goodbye (or maybe just a see you later) and could imagine myself staying longer. 

But it's always better to leave on a high note so I am focusing on all that I want to see and eat before leaving and the important people to say goodbye to!

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree more Lise. I have had similar feelings.Sooner or later we all have to move on and it never gets any easier. There will always be moments of attachment.

    I hope the last week goes smoothly and hopefully see you soon!
    Milica

    ReplyDelete